I really wanted to share Anne-Marie’s 10 Rooms blog with you guys because it does such a great job at explaining the differences between GREY, BEIGE, AND GREIGE. Click the link above for details.
Below is a summary of her blog:
- Definition of GREY: black + white = grey or black + white + green/blue/purple = grey.
Definition of BEIGE:white + red & or yellow + a little blue = beige.
- Definition of GREIGE: white + black + red & or yellow + perhaps a little blue = greige
- If it’s cool, with a blue, purple, or green tint, it’s a GREY.
- If it’s warm, with a red, orange or yellow undertone visible, it’s a BEIGE.
- And if it’s warm, but contains black, it’s a GREIGE (or as so many people say, a warm grey)
I guess I liked sharing the formulas since I have an engineering background, the equations help me visualize the color combinations! 🙂
Have a great early weekend!